2009年9月29日星期二

a letter to BoA

Dear Bank of America,

I am a loyal customer of Bank of America. I am very aware of the superb reputation of Bank of America and I am honored to choose Bank of America as my financial partner. As you said, I am sure that I will be treated at all times with the highest courtesy and respect, and I also expect to be provided with professional services so as to achieve my financial goals.

However, several days ago, I had an unpleasant experience in your bank. On Sep.15, I went to Bank of America which located in 775 Commonwealth Ave. I wanted to withdrawal $14500 from my China Construction Bank card and then deposit them into my BoA card for my tuition. The bank staff warmly received me and asked me whether my CCB card had an upper limit for daily withdrawal. I responded that I could not remember the upper limit but they could check it out on the banking system.

Several minutes later, when I was wondering whether CCB had a daily upper limit and whether I needed to pay for an extra fee for this transaction, the bank staff gave my CCB and BoA card back to me and told me everything is fine. I was all set! I was glad to hear that and then left.

Unfortunately, several days later, when I consumed in CVS by using my CCB card, the banking system showed that my card had been frozen! Can you imagine how embarrassed I was at that moment? I am not used to use cash. Thus, I had to put all items I bought right now back into the shelves.

When I came back home, I dialed to China Construction Bank and interrogated what had happened to my card. To my surprise, the staff of CCB responded that my upper limit for daily withdrawal is $10000 only, the extra money withdrawal by BoA was unwarranted. If I wanted to unfreeze my card, I needed to ask BoA for a certificate of pre-authorization and faxed it to CCB. Even so, because of BoA’s violation operation, my CCB card will be forbidden from withdrawal in six months. What I can do is consume only!

As a bank with a great reputation, I can’t believe BoA’s staff had made such a stupid mistake, which led to a serious consequence to your loyal consumer. I am very disappointed.

Fortunately, the staff of CCB told me that there exists a way to active my card. CCB’s headquarters in Beijing will process my requirement and permit my continuing withdrawal as long as BoA certificate the violation operation is not cardholder’s intentional conduct but an incorrect manipulation of BoA’s staff.

So could you do me a favor to fax a certification to China Construction Bank? I am looking forward to your response. It’s very important to me! Please contact me with any questions that you may have in the process. Thank you for your attention!

Sincerely,
Junhua Huang

没有评论:

发表评论